|“Equality and Parity in Science for Peace and Development”
8 - 9 February 2018
ECOSOC Chamber, United Nations Headquarters - New York City
Concept Note and Programme Agenda
- The Third International Day of Women and Girls in Science Forum will be held at the Economic and Social
Chamber, United Nations Headquarters, New York City.
- The United Nations Headquarters is located on 1st Avenue between 42nd and 46th Streets.
Information for For Participants who do NOT have a current valid UN photo grounds pass:
- Please bring your up-to-date (NOT expired) government-issued photo identification (passport, state-issued driver’s
license or similar document) to facilitate the issuance of your Temporary Paper Grounds Pass. Volunteers at the
entrance to the UN Security Building will be present on Thursday 8 February and Friday 9 February, from 8.30 AM to 10.00
- Please use the UN entrance on 46th Street and 1st Avenue for entry through the UN Security Building. You will be
required to go through the UN Security screening process, Please follow all directions by UN Security Officers.
- Please proceed with your Temporary Grounds Pass into the main UN Visitors Lobby. Volunteers will escort you to The
- You must show the Temporary Pass to the Security Officers at every entry point. The Temporary Pass does not allow you
to enter into other conference rooms.
- The Temporary Pass is the ONLY pass valid for Non-UN Grounds Pass holders to enter the UN building and the Event’s
- If you lose the Temporary Pass, no replacement will be issued, as Security Services provides only the exact number of
passes requested by the organizers of the Forum. Temporary Passes are good for 8-9 February 2018, and are non-
- For Lunch breaks: participants with Temporary Passes are strongly encouraged to avail themselves of the Vienna Café
or the coffee shop near the UN bookstore and gift shop on the First Basement (1B) level of the Visitors’ Lobby building.
For those choosing to eat in local restaurants outside of the UN premises, please allow sufficient time to come back in
through the Security Building.
- Whenever you return from outside, you are again subject to Security Services screening.
- Neither Organizers of the Forum, nor UN Security Services are responsible for lost items. DO NOT leave any laptops or
other valuables at your table during the lunch break of 1-3 PM.
- Due to strict security measures, we encourage all registered participants to arrive at least one hour before the start of the
Plenary – scheduled for 10.00 a.m.
- Badges have to be worn at all times while in the United Nations premises. Kindly note that once issued a pass,
participants must use it to gain re-entry to United Nations premises during the course of the Forum.
- There is NO registration fee for the Forum; however, participants must fund their own expenses, including travel,
accommodation and other necessary costs.
Official Language of the Forum
- The official language of the Forum is English. There will be no interpretation provided
- Participants are kindly asked to arrange their own hotel bookings.
- Participants are responsible for obtaining appropriate entry visas to Malta, if required by the United States of
- Please check with the nearest Embassy of the United States for visa requirements.
|International Day of Women and Girls in Science
Día Internacional de la Mujer y la Niña en la Ciencia
Международный день женщин и девочек в науке
Journée Internationale des Femmes et des Filles de Science
اليوم الدولي للمرأة والفتاة في ميدان العلوم
|Global Mailing Address: P.O. Box 20160, New York NY 10017, USA
Global Voicemail: +1-917-503-3868; E-Mail: email@example.com; Twitter: @WomenScienceDay